I made some design boards this week! Actually, in my case, they’re more like project boards because I’m using them to keep my projects sorted and stacked.
I’m currently in migratory sewing mode – I have no dedicated sewing space as Marcus has taken over my sewing table with his computer. I suppose the one downside of working from home is that we have to always have access to our computers. Since we converted the study into a temporary bedroom for the Grub, the computers had to be moved out, and my sewing table was the obvious place to move them.
It’s only a temporary move, but in the meantime, my projects have to be cleaned up every night and put away. I’ve just been piling them in stacks on top of the dryer in the laundry room, and it was getting messy in there. I set aside a few nights last week to make myself these design boards to put my projects on.
I used this adorable (and easy!) tutorial from Bee in my Bonnet.
I took two standard sized foam core board (20″ x 30″) and cut them in half with an exacto knife to make four 20″ x 15″ boards. I used batting I got on sale at Joann, and for the trim, I used a bit of fabric from the stash I put aside to make Christmas bags.
I was able to get my hands on a 30″ x 40″ board at my local Office Depot which I turned into one giant design board. I plan to use this one as an actual design board for laying out quilt blocks… eventually.
So here are my current projects on my pretty new design (or project) boards. I’ve got a stack of cute fabrics to turn into bags for the Larva’s teachers. Next to that is an in-progress Amy Butler Sophia bag that was started months ago. I’ll get around to finishing that some day.
In the back, I’ve got a lone quilt block hanging out until I figure what I want to use it for, and next to that is the Larva’s Dickens Fair costume that I started working on a few nights ago.
The laundry room doesn’t make for very beautiful photos but hey, my project boards look great!